Columbia River Association of Motorcyclists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Workshop, Networking

2 posters

Go down

Workshop, Networking Empty Workshop, Networking

Post  Amer1can Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:02 pm

So, I kind of mentioned it in my intro. But let me recap. I need face time and wrench time on bikes. I am trying to build my own, and have no clue where to begin. Need some slave labor on your bike project? Just want to BS about bikes? Will supply booze if necessary. I am willing to do work for you on your project FOR FREE. Well, not totally free. Just in exchange for your knowledge and gaining some experience doing the necessary tasks.

Also, I am new to the tri cities, and I like the idea of meeting cool people and networking. Any takers?
Amer1can
Amer1can

Back to top Go down

Workshop, Networking Empty American, suggest a few things.....

Post  SkipNChurch Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:43 pm

... if youve got time, I'd be pleased to introduce you to Bill Thackaberry, President of retro Riders based out of the Cities. most of the Iron that he likes happens to be Brit. Others do the whole gamut of brands and types.

Every year the club raffles off a scooter members rebuild and pretty up for the Lourdes Foundation. I donated my sweet little Honda CB450, needed some work, and the retro folks have it fixed up sweetly. Good place to go look around, ask questions, get greasy and learn as much as you can.

If you've got time, when I get the crap moved around in my shop, I have my CX500 Honda and a 440LTD Kawasaki twin readying for season.
I have engines here you are free to knock down (headed to scrap/parts/bolt bins anyway) and see what is inside.

I espouse that ANY rider that is serious about assing his or her scooter know a minimal amount of service working so as not to be ripped off, overcharged, or left with stoopid look on face when broken down.

All bikes are two or four cycle engines. Air, spark, fuel in right time required to have your engine run correctly..

kevinL
Umatilla

SkipNChurch

Back to top Go down

Workshop, Networking Empty Re: Workshop, Networking

Post  Amer1can Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:57 am

Thanks! I would definitely be interested in meeting him and helping out with their cause. (Even if it is pushing a broom ha). I wont be 'Skipnchurch' this weekend, and I have drill next weekend, but the weekend after that I should be free. Let me know when you want to link up.
-Marty
Amer1can
Amer1can

Back to top Go down

Workshop, Networking Empty Re: Workshop, Networking

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum